Secrets of a Blue Eyed Vixen

Sunday, January 07, 2007

80's revisited

I have an ever so hip and cool friend (*cough* Katherine *cough*) who recently was talking about some 80's fashion suicides. Reading her comments and what people remembered from this era was like a blast down memory lane. It got me thinking and I reminded me of something I had found on a site a bit ago (Tequila Girl's). Anyways. It's funny to read.
------------------------------------------

You know you are a product of the 80's if..........

1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word "SIKE." LMAO, I don't *think* I did, but I so totally remember other people doing it.

2. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" and can do the "Carlton." *snort* Remember the song, know most the words but uh, no "Carlton".

3. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy. Biker shorts… sexy! Uh huh.... And how about boxers or leggings under ripped jeans????

4. Two words: Hammer Pants. Oh god. Not. Cute. LOLOLOLOL

5. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head. [blush] yes.......

6. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side. Guilty.

7. You wore stone washed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it. Oh yes… and some were even stone washed.

8. L.A.Gear....:::sigh:::...

9. You remember reading "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing" and all The Ramona Quimby books. Yes! But more so Judy Bloom, most memorable being "Are you there God, it's me Margaret"!

10. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON,WAX OFF." LMAO, of *course*!

11. You ever wore fluorescent clothing.(some of us...head-to-toe). Yeah, I had some. But NOT head to toe, lol.

12. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted. *snort* totally.

13. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence. Oh god....I did it just in Friday's post I think!??!?! I suck. LOL!

14. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes (and probably in neon colors, too). [shaking head] yes.

15. After you saw "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure" you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I? God. Yes. That movie and that guy were STOOOOPID.

16. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up." LOL! Again, yes.

17. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates. Every. single. weekend. when I was in junior high. That WAS our social life. How pathetic, eh?!

18. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide. I imagine.

19. You have played with a Skip-It. This, I actually know nothing about.

20. You had or attended a birthday party! at McDonalds. Was that cool back then??? No. I didn't.

21. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement. PIMP!

22. "Don't worry, be happy." OH god....

23. You wore, like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks. Well, duh! and each one was a different color!

24. You wore socks scrunched down (and sometimes still do). Scunchie socks! But hey, I DO NOT do that anymore. Promise.

25. You remember boom boxes. I think I still might have one. LMAO!

26. You remember Alf, the li'l furry brown alien from Melmac. That dude was a-n-n-o-y-i-n-g.

27. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool. I guess....but really, they *were* cool???

28. You know all the words to Bon Jovi's "SHOT THROUGH THE HEART".
(You just sang those words to yourself.) Man. Yeah....

30. You remember watching Magic vs. Bird. Ummm......

31. Homemade Levi shorts.. (The shorter the better.) LMAO......I really DO suck!

32. You remember when mullets were cool! They were NEVER cool! But yes, I remember them. My ex MIL had one, hahahaha!

33. You had a mullet! Uh, noooooooooo.........

34. You still sing "We are the World." I remember it.

35. You tight rolled your jeans. Pegged leg jeans. Yes. I did. With Vans.

36. You owned a banana clip. LMAO! [blush]

37. You remember "Where's the Beef? Ewww. Talk about dumb. You know?

38. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' 'bout Willis?" That actually bugged the crap out of me.

39. You had big hair and you knew how to use it. Oh yeah. I admit it. BIG.

40. You are still singing "SHOT THROUGH THE HEART". LOL, it's definately stuck in my head now. I'm sure MOMD has it even, I could ask him for it. ;)

ROCK ON!!!

Here are a few big things not on the list:
Pacman
spud mckenzie
Miami Vice
smurfs

Anyone remember any else?! There are probably a ton. LOL!

Posted by Vixen :: 12:30 AM :: 11 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------