Secrets of a Blue Eyed Vixen

Saturday, December 30, 2006

New Year meme....recap of sorts (again, but different)

1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Became involved with someone on the internet? Oh wait...I have done that... Got a divorce. Vowed to never be in an unhealthy relationship again.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make them. But this year I actually think I made one to be happier. To make a true and honest effort to *please god* be happy.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Ummm.....not really.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
I lost two of my old doggies this year.....terribly heartbreaking. :(

5. What countries did you visit?
Snort....that would require me to be WAY more worldly than I actually am. LMAO! So yeah, the US would be the extent....

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Less stress, happier, TO SEE MY SISTER MORE

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory?
Aug 27 AH moved out, quite a few days in Sept....Sept 26 I received divorce papers from AH....I had filed three days earlier....MOMD officially moved here to be with me, I turned 34.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Deciding to take control of my life and say 'no more', I'm DONE.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Ugh, my marriage.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Besides the stomach flu last spring (sickest. ever) not really....

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I can't think of anything I really bought this year....some super cute PJ's that I adore, some super sexy and pretty matching bra and panties....lol.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Last spring I made the incredibly difficult decision to have LP repeat 1st grade and it was *the* best decision EVER.....this year she is excelling and happy and proud of herself, where as last year she was struggling and frustrated. It's been like night and day.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Let's just say, when things get tough, you really find out who your true friends are.....

14. Where did most of your money go?
What money, where?! LOL It's been an especially tough year financially...especially when AH moved out and refused to help out with his children. Bc you know, when you are angry at your soon to be ex wife, children don't need to eat. Or wear clothes that fit. Or are 'correct' for the right season....uh huh....[rolling eyes]

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
MOMD moving out here to be with me, LM starting preschool, mustering up the courage to get out of my hopeless marriage, LP doing so well in school.

16. What song/album will always remind you of 2006?
Two...."Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol because of MOMD and "Where'd You Go" by Fort Minor because it reminds me of my sister so much, but of so much other things as well.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? HAPPIER....OMFG....happier.
thinner or fatter? The same.
richer or poorer? Wow. That's a difficult question to answer. I say, neither/nor.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
More??? Huh.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Arguing, being unhappy....

20. How will you be spending New Years?
With my kiddos and MOMD....someplace fabulous like Las Vegas would be cool too, lol.

21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Oh...my sister with out a doubt. Hands *down* people....

22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
:) Yes.

23. How many one night stands in this last year?
Nada. As promiscuous as I may seem or come across, that's not something I do.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Tie....The OC and Grey's Anatomy. Duh. ;)

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No. I chose to not hate people. There is someone/some people I 'learned' more about. This past year has been very 'eye opening' to me. But no. I don't hate anyone.

26. What was the best book(s) you read?
I re-read a bunch of my favorites....specifically "The Notebook" comes to mind. I really enjoyed "Sleeping with Beauty", that was cute. :)

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Snow Patrol.

28. What did you want and get?
A happier life?

29. What did you want and not get?
Hmmmm, I honestly can't think of anything.

30. What were your favorite films of this year?
Oooo, tough one. I *saw* Crash (was it made in '06????) and *loved* it, very thought provoking. Loved it.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
...::::sigh:::....I turned 34. (I'm having serious issues with turning 35, it's the first birthday I'm having issues with...) My mom took me shopping. MOMD drove 13 hours to be with me in time for it.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I know I keep beating a dead horse here, but to not have spent it so insanely unhappy. To have just been able to get along with my husband.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Casual nice/cute....I have no fucking clue, LMAO! Think American Eagle....Aeropostale....Hollister. That should sum it up. LOL (don't ask my sister though, she thinks I dress too 'cute-sy'......*snort!*)

34. What kept you sane?
Blogging. My friends. MOMD. My beloved sister. My kids.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Kiera Knightly, Mathew McConahottie, Rachel Weiss

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Overall- abortion. In general- the war that was declared over but so obviously was not.

37. Who did you miss?
My sister.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
I met so many *great* and awesome blogging friends this past year! I developed friendships with people I had never met or knew and they have become *rocks* for me. But if I have to get specific, I will say Sarah and MOMD. Sarah has become one of my very best friends and MOMD...well, does that really need much explanation??

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Happiness IS worth it. I'M worth it. I'm stronger than I ever thought I could be. I CAN stand up for myself. Make better decisions for my kids and myself. :)

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
"All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?" Snow Patrol

"Where'd you go?
I miss you so,
Seems like it's been forever,
That you've been gone,
Please come back home..." Fort Minor


"I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint, I do not feel ashamed, I'm your hell, I'm your dream, I'm nothing in between, you know you wouldn't want it any other way." Meredith Brooks

Posted by Vixen :: 10:15 PM :: 8 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------